What to Expect
- Interactive classes on topics related to meditation and yogic lifestyle
- Yoga classes in the morning and evening
- Collective meditation four times a day
- Outdoor walks and activities in the natural environment
- Individual meditation lessons (optional)
- Mud-packs and swimming in the South Yuba River
- Relax your body and calm your mind in a tranquil, beautiful environment
Ananda Dhiira and accommodation
Ananda Dhiira is a beautiful retreat center located in Penn Valley, California. Nature at Ananda Dhiira is breathtaking, and you can see lots of stars so bright at night. The retreat center is surrounded by oak forest and is a fifteen-minute walk to the South Yuba River. Didi Ananda Acira and her volunteers live at Ananda Dhiira, grow organic fruits and vegetables, and organize various retreats and fasting programs.
Accommodation is available for up to ten women and six men.
- Two private rooms for women with two single beds (2 women sharing each room)
- One dormitory room for women with three bunk beds (up to six women in a shared room)
- One dormitory for men with five single beds (located in a separate building from the retreat center)
- Staying in your tent at the side of the retreat center is also possible. Please get in touch with Didi for details.
Bedding is provided with bedsheets, pillows, and blankets.
What to bring:
Please bring comfortable clothing and shoes, toiletry, towel, notebook & pen, swimming suit, medications (if you have any), sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, and other personal needs. Please don’t bring sleeveless shirts, short pants, or short skirts.
19393 Sanctuary Road
Penn Valley, CA 95946
SFM (Sacramento International Airport) is the nearest airport, 45 miles from Ananda Dhiira. You can take Uber from there to Ananda Dhiira or rent a car.
The nearest train station is AMTRAK Auburn station.
If you arrive at SJC, OAK, or SFO airports, you can get an AMTRAK train to Auburn station, and from there, there is a shuttle to Grass Valley and another shuttle to Penn Valley. We can pick you up from Penn Valley.
Please note it is not easy to get public transportation (shuttle or Uber) in the evening from Auburn station. It is better to arrive during the day. We will also try to arrange a ride-share with other participants when possible, so please let us know your travel plans in advance.
There is a security code for entering the gate at Sanctuary Road. Please contact Didi Ananda Acira before traveling to get guidance (there is no mobile signal at the gate, so it is better to contact her in advance.)
Didi Ananda Acira: firstname.lastname@example.org and +1 (347) 530-4425 (mobile, Telegram, WhatsApp.)